Below is a list of deities by their region of origin organized alphabetically.
- Aphrodite – Goddess of beauty; one of the twelve Olympians
- Apollo – God of poetry, music, and the sun; an Olympian
- Ares – God of war; an Olympian
- Artemis – Goddess of the hunt and of of the moon; an Olympian
- Athena – Goddess of wisdom, defensive war, and Athens; an Olympian
- Demeter – Goddess of the harvest and of nature, often considered an Olympian
- Dionysus – God of wine, he took Hestia's place as an Olympian
- Eris – Goddess of discord
- Eos – Goddess of the dawn
- Gaia – Primordial Goddess of earth, and mother of the Titans
- Hades – God of the underworld, often considered an Olympian
- Hekate – Goddess of Witchcraft and crossroads
- Helios – God who drives of the sun
- Hephaestus – God of smiths; an Olympian
- Hera – Chief Goddess of the pantheon and Goddess of marriage; an Olympian
- Hermes – The messenger of the Greek Gods; an Olympian
- Hestia – Goddess of the hearth who gave up seat at Olympus to Dionysus
- Pan – God of shepherds
- Poseidon – God of the sea; an Olympian
- Selene – Goddess who drives the moon
- Uranus – Primordial god of the heavens, and father of the Titans
- Zeus – God of sky and air; chief Olympian
- Elves - local spirits of the land.
- Eostre- Goddess of April.
- Frigg - Goddess of the Earth.
- Hretha- Goddess of March.
- Saxnot- God of the English.
- Shef- God of the corn harvest.
- Thunor - God of Thunder.
- Tir - God of war
- Weyland- God of smiths.
- Woden - God of royalty, healing and magic.
- Alfar - elves or land spirits.
- Balder – God of beauty, innocence, joy, peace and purity; Son of Odin.
- Beyla (f) - Goddess of bees or cattle (Norse).
- Bil (f) - Goddess of the moon.
- Bragi – God of poetry.
- Byggvir (m) - God of Barley.
- Dagr (m) - God of the day.
- Disir - local female goddesses or female ancestors (Norse).
- Eir (f) - Goddess of healing.
- Forseti (m) - God of justice.
- Freyja / Freya (f) - Goddess of love domestic skills and magic.
- Freyr – God of fertility and love.
- Frigga (f) - Goddess of women domestic skills and wisdom.
- Heimdall – The guardian of the Norse deities.
- Hel – Queen of Helheim, the Norse underworld.
- Hoenir (m) - God of reason.
- Idunn (f) - Goddess of apples and immortality.
- Jord (f) - Earth Goddess.
- Lofn (f) - Goddess of thwarted lovers.
- Loki – The Norse trickster god.
- Mon (m) - God of the moon.
- Njord (m) - God of the coast and wealth.
- Norns (f) - The three goddesses of fate Verdandi Urd and Skuld (Norse).
- Nott (f) - Goddess of night.
- Odin – God of the hunt, of magic, poetry, victory war, and wisdom.
- Ran (f) - Goddess of the drowned.
- Saga (f) - Goddess of wisdom.
- Sif (f) - Goddess of kinship.
- Siofn (f) - Goddess of love.
- Skadi (f) - Goddess of skiing and mountains.
- Snotra (f) - Goddess of wisdom.
- Sol (f) - Goddess of the sun.
- Syn (f) - Goddess of protection.
- Ull (m) - God of skiing, hunting and combat.
- Thor – God of thunder.
- Tyr – God of battle and warfare.
- Var (f) - Goddess of Oaths (Norse).
- Vali (m) - God of vengence (Norse).
- Vidar (m) - God of Strength (Norse).
- Vor (f) - Goddess of hidden knowledge.
- Black Shuck East Anglian dog spirit.
- Herne (m) - Hunter spirit of Windsor.
- Jack in the Green (m) - May day fertility spirit.
German / DutchEdit
- Holda (f) - Goddess of winter, weather, textiles and fertility.
- Nehalennia (f) - Goddess of Seafaring & Fertility (German/Dutch).
- Nerthus (f) - Goddess of the Earth (German/Danish).
- Endovelicus (m) - A Solar God with many faces, the supreme head God, god of dreams/visions and health.
- Ataegina (f) - The goddess of health, the moon, and rebirth (a significant theme in their religion).
- Runesocesius (m) - A god of mystery and martial skills, the god of the javelin.
- Apollo – God of the sun, music, and poetry
- Bacchus – God of wine
- Ceres – Goddess of the harvest
- Cupid – God of love
- Diana – Goddess of the hunt
- Janus – Two-headed god of beginnings and endings
- Juno – The chief Goddess of the Roman pantheon; Goddess of marriage
- Jupiter – The chief god; God of the sky
- Maia – The "good Goddess", Goddess of spring
- Mars – God of war
- Mercury – The messenger of the Roman Gods
- Minerva – Goddess of wisdom and civilization
- Neptune – God of the sea
- Pluto – God of the underworld
- Plutus – God of wealth
- Proserpina – Queen of the underworld
- Venus – Goddess of beauty
- Vesta – Goddess of the hearth
- Vulcan – God of the forge
Deities of oriental, mystery religions and Roman imperial cultsEdit
- Anubis, God of Embalming, Friend of the Dead
- The Aten, the embodiment of the Sun's rays
- Atum, a creator deity
- Bast, Goddess of Cats
- Bes, God-Demon of Protection, Childbirth and Entertainment
- Geb, God of the Earth
- Hapi God of the Nile and Fertility
- Hathor, Goddess of Love and Music
- Heget Goddess of Childbirth
- Horus the falcon-headed god
- Imhotep God of wisdom, medicine and magic
- Isis, Goddess of Magic, sister of Nephthys
- Khepry, the scarab beetle, the embodiment of the dawn
- Khnum, a creator deity
- Ma'at, Goddess of Truth, Balance and Order
- Mont, god of war
- Naunet, the primal waters
- Neith, the great mother goddess
- Nephthys, mother of Anubis
- Nut, goddess of heaven and the sky
- Ptah, a creator deity
- Ra, the sun, possible father of Anubis
- Sekhmnet, goddess of war and battles
- Sobek, Crocodile God
- Set, God of Storms, possible father of Anubis
- Tefnut, goddess of order, justice, time, Heaven and Hell and weather
- Thoth, god of the moon, drawing, writing, geometry, wisdom, medicine, music, astronomy, and magic
- An - Sumerian
- Anshar - father of heaven
- Anu - the god of the highest heaven
- Apsu - the ruler of gods and underworld oceans
- Ashur - national god of the Assyrians
- Damkina - Earth mother goddess
- Ea - god of wisdom
- Enlil - god of weather and storms
- Ereshkigal - Goddess of the Underworld
- Ninurta - god of war
- Hadad - weather god
- Ishtar - goddess of love
- Kingu - husband of Tiamat
- Kishar - father of earth
- Marduk - national god of the Babylonians
- Mummu - god of mists
- Nabu - god of the scribal arts
- Nergal - Ereshkigal's husband and Lord of the Underworld
- Nintu - mother of all gods
- Shamash - god of the sun and of justice
- Sin - moon god
- Tiamat - dragon goddess
- Amaterasu – Goddess of the sun
- Susanoo- God of Storms
- Tsukiyomi- God of the Moon
- Inari- God of Foxes
- Tengu- Minor deities (kami) of Mountains
- Izanami- Goddess of Death, Uncleanliness and the Underworld. Also the first goddess
- Izanagi- First god
- The Shichifukujin- Seven Gods of Good Fortune
Obatala - Lord of peace, justice, and divine judgement
Yemaya - Goddess of the ocean, motherhood, healing
Chango - Lord of lightning, luck, and power over enemies
Oshun - Goddess of rivers, sweet waters, money, and love
Elegua - God of the crossroads, trickster who opens the way for any venture
Oya - Lady of the cemetaries, marketplace, and war
Ogun - Lord of iron, employment, technology, and the forest
Babalu-Aye' - Lord of disease and healilng
Ochosi - Lord of archery, justice, and the forest
Osain - Lord of all plants